Where Can I Find Biotin?
Where can I find biotin?
As we touched on earlier, biotin is soluble in water, so it’s not something that our bodies can store up reserves of. Instead, we get the biotin we need simply from eating a normal, balanced diet.
Of course, there are certain foods you can eat more of if you’d like to increase your biotin intake. These include eggs, pork, salmon, sweet potato, liver, nuts, cauliflower, broccoli, spinach, bananas, mushrooms and whole grains. It’s worth noting that you’ll get more biotin from raw foods, as cooking and other food processing techniques can knock out biotin’s good effects.
You can also up your biotin intake with some of our advanced collagen supplements, which give you the added hair, skin and nail benefits that come from harnessing the power of collagen. Our tasty Complete Collagen sachets contain 100% of your recommended daily allowance of biotin, while you’ll also find it in our Collagen Shots and our Collagen Cordial. That means that however you like to get your daily collagen fix, you can get the biotin you need at the same time.
Other beauty tips and tricks to support healthy hair
While there’s more research needed into ways in which biotin helps maintain healthy hair, there’s plenty more you can be doing to keep your hair and scalp in great condition. For example:
- Choose the right shampoo for your hair type- shampoo can strip out the natural oils that keep your hair healthy, so choose the right one for your hair type (normal, oily, dry, dandruff)
- Don’t go overboard with products- the fewer hair products you use, the better
- Don’t wash it everyday- again, over washing strips away the natural oils
- Be gentle with wet hair- it’s more vulnerable to breaking when it’s wet, so brush your hair before you wash it
- Use a lower heat setting- heat styling with devices such as hair straighteners and curling tongs damages your hair, so use the lowest possible temperature setting
- Eat a balanced diet- certain food groups help to support healthy hair, including:
-Protein, found in foods such as meat, fish, eggs and beans
-Nuts, such as Brazil nuts, almonds and pecans, to provide a source of zinc, which helps stop your hair from shedding
-Omega 3, found in foods such as fish, yogurt and flax seed, which helps improve your scalp health
Try a silk pillowcase - ending on a luxurious note, a silk pillowcase feels amazing to sleep on, but also helps protect your hair by causing less friction
Here at Proto-col, we like to get our biotin allowance in alongside our daily collagen fix for even greater health benefits for our hair and lots more besides. If you’d like to read more about how collagen can help you maintain gorgeous healthy hair, have a read of our piece on the science behind Proto-col and see the incredible results you could look forward to. After that, narrow down your options using our quick guide to finding the right collagen products for you.
OCT 20, 2021